Changing capture resolution

bubiman
Hello,

when I selevt my USB Capture Stick the resolution seems to be just 320x240. How do I set this to 640x480 and 25fps?
Chaning width, height and Framerate in the format tab of the source isn't helping.

Thanks for your answer

  bubiman

Re: Changing capture resolution

Lexridge
You usually have to change the width and height in BOTH, the format tab, and the Position Tab. If that still doesn't work, you can try running CamsSream, and set your resolution there first. Then, go back to WCS, and set your Position tab height and width before before bringing in your camera.

Hope this works. It has worked for me before.

Lex

Re: Changing capture resolution

bubiman
I changed the resolution in both tabs but the video is still "blockish".

I can't find CamStream for ubuntu so I am looking for an other way to get rid of 320x240

Any other sugestions?

bubiman

Re: Changing capture resolution

Jarvis
I have the same problem on WCS 0.74.  I'm on linux Mint and trapped at the 320x200 pixel addressability (aka resolution).

Did you ever get the answer?

I read somewhere that the $HOME/.webcamstudio/ folder has config data, but I only found a script that contained a command with a height/width argument.  I tried changing it to 800x600, then launched WCS, but it had no effect, and in fact WCS overwrote those files and it got set back to 320x200.