Suggestions and feature requests only

matthartley
Administrator
This is the place to ask for new features or to make suggestions only.

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

neyney
Can we get a secure communication between 2 webcamstudios to be able to centralised webcams (and mixed them with other sources) in one webcamstudio for broadcasting totally safe (with passwords )?

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

matthartley
Administrator
Interesting idea, I will pass this on.

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

neyney
Could be cool in this case to have a multiplateform webcam broadcaster (not necesarilly the whole webcam studio but the webcam capture with secured broadcasting)

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

Patrick Balleux
Good idea,

Will have to think about it, but I have a few things that I have to think first.

As for the password, it would be interesting if you want to leave a 24h a day WS4GL active, broadcasting some contents.

Patrick

--------------------------------------
Patrick Balleux

WS4GL Project Manager

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

mr-linux
can you make so that you can stream more then just one movie at a time  and not have to add tham one by one

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

Patrick Balleux
That's the playlist feature that will be added in the next release of WS4GL

--------------------------------------
Patrick Balleux

WS4GL Project Manager

not a play liast make so you can add more then one movie file or avi  at a time or a list of movie and have it loop all the movies if you look at webcammax it has it in it i think the linux user would like that

Ah, you are asking to be able to use more than one movie stream/viewer at the same time. Likely possible, but really CPU intensive I bet. We'll see what Pat thinks.
IoI

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

IoI
A nice feature would be to have a terminal as source. This could be more efficient then record desktop for just screen-casting a terminal out. A secondary action could be that you can prepare short scripts as example for delay text displaying.

greets

IoI

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

Patrick Balleux
For delayed displaying, you can use a Playlist in where you can script the source to be displayed.

We still have to document the playlist scripting...

Patrick

--------------------------------------
Patrick Balleux

WS4GL Project Manager

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

jdrderaadt
Thanks to all the people who have developed this excellent software. I lecture to MA students in community development through the Internet and webcam studio has allowed me to do this with Ubuntu. We are a small programme and operate with scarce resources, so open source software is a wonderful contribution to our ethically focused education.
Pardon my naivety, but it would be nice to be able to send the stream directly through something like ftp to our website, would it be very difficult to incorporate into webcam studio?
Best wishes, Merry Christmas and a fruitful New Year
Donald de Raadt
www.melbourneccd.com

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

Patrick Balleux
Hmmm, sending live to a ftp server?

What about mounting your FTP folder locally and using the Recorder to record in that mounted folder.  I think it would work.

Also, you can broadcast over HTTP live so people can see you in your own webpage.

Thanks for the comment

Patrick

--------------------------------------
Patrick Balleux

WS4GL Project Manager

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

canin
zooming in/out per software, or a sort of "windowframefunction" where u can take just a part of the webcam source as stream (like in image magick or grafics magick import 1.png)

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

Patrick Balleux
That would be cool...

--------------------------------------
Patrick Balleux

WS4GL Project Manager

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

canin
thx ;-))

now two rather special wishes here:
1) i had troubles with getting stickam to work. installation of camstream developer packages helped, then some times webcamstudio offered to let me choose the video loopback stream 0. sometimes it worked with stream loopback 4, sometimes with 3, most times with 0. and now it just works and this starting windows doesnt appear anymore, so no problem. maybe u could integrate "loopback stream chooser" in the menue, though?
2) im a fan of electric sheep as a screesaver (i think works with mplayer), so some sort of commandline integration to start eg electric sheep as a virtual cam would be really cool.

at least i didnt found a way to get that 2 points working.

and thx again for your work!
cheers
canin

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

SwanS
1. A slider to set the position of a movie in the "Movie" source.

2. A reconnect buttom in the "Movie Stream" source.

Regards and thank you!

Re: Suggestions and feature requests only

Patrick Balleux
Slider will be part of the next release 0.56

Patrick Balleux

WS4GL Project Manager