Support for Jack audio

Nick-in-holland
It would be very nice to be able to route the sound via jack audio directly.
As a musician I would would like to webcast rehearsals and recordings and would be great to just send the jack audio output directly to webcastsudio.

It would also allow people to use compressors / limiters, reverb, echo and no end of effects to "tweak" there audio stream.
I guess what you have provided for video jack plug ins could do the same for the audio.

Webcamstudio could also be a wonderful one on one tool to teach musicians how to use these effects as you can see the desktop as well as the instrument being played from more then one angle ( ie multi cam)  .......

Hope you like the idea

Re: Support for Jack audio

Patrick Balleux
Hi,

I think that you can do it easily using Pulseaudio and JackD.  Make sure to load the modules module-jack-source and module-jack-sink in pulseaudio.

Then using pavucontrol, you can redirect anything from/to pulseaudio and jackd

Patrick Balleux

WS4GL Project Manager