Using other IRC networks

GregF
<insert great work stuff here>

I wish to use other IRC networks than freenode.

I tried changing to quakenet but it failed and the logfile output read as follows:

:stockholm.se.quakenet.org 513 greg3 :To connect, type /QUOTE PONG 1827696926
:stockholm.se.quakenet.org 513 greg3 :Your client may not be compatible with this server.
:stockholm.se.quakenet.org 513 greg3 :Compatible clients are available at ftp://ftp.undernet.org/pub/irc/clients
ERROR :Closing Link: greg3 by stockholm.se.quakenet.org (Registration Timeout)

My problem is there is no way for me to send the pong, can it be added to the source to reply to a ping?

Regards

Greg

Re: Using other IRC networks

Patrick Balleux
I'll have a look.

All IRC are suppose to be supported.  It was working with Freenode and UStream IRC server...

I'll let you know.

Patrick Balleux

WS4GL Project Manager

Re: Using other IRC networks

jaba the hut
What's wrong with freenode?

Freenode is good from a technological standpoint.  OTOH, no one is in #webcamstudio.  It's dead.