X and Y Coordinated don't seem to save for desktop capture controls

X and Y Coordinated don't seem to save for desktop capture controls

markcockrell
In the "Format" tab, the X and Y coordinates don't save.  I have to reset the area of my desktop I want to capture each time.

LOVE the program, by the way.

Ubuntu 10.4, 32 bit
Version 0.56

Re: X and Y Coordinated don't seem to save for desktop capture controls

windcaller
move to help discussion ...

The X and Y coordinates can be saved.  Using Layouts (tab next to Controls [needs to be renamed source controls]) this is how you save the coordinates. To save all your Layouts goto the menu bar and press Studios and press Save (do not save over a previous file or you will loose your settings). When you start WebcamStudio the next time goto the menu bar and press Studio then Load (do not press load last studio file since that seems a little buggy to me).

Locate Position Tab in your Device or Image ... source controls
Here are a few options for displaying more then one source (use the Show Preview button on bottom of screen to see what the layout will look like)

Full Button = Width 320, Height 240,  x0,  y0
½ Centered Left Height Button = W160, H120, x0, y60
½ Centered Right Height Button = W160, H120, x160, y60
¼ Top Right = W160, H120, x160, y0
¼ Top Left = W160, H120, x0, y0
¼ Bottom Right = W160, H120, x160, y120
¼ Bottom Left = W160, H120, x0, y120

Once you have the layout you want, goto Layouts tab and put a Layout Name in the box and press the + to add it. (note when adding a new layout the previous Layout Name lingers just highlight and make a new name and press +.)
You will see the new layout below that shows a preview of what that layout looks like and the name you choose.
Test Layouts and Transitions.
1. Create two or three Layouts (A, B, C)
2. Make sure the Show Preview is visible on your desktop
3. Press transition A (this will highlight it) and press Apply Selected at bottom of Layouts. Now move between A, B, C.
4. Work with the Transition Options (they can be changed anytime just highlight and change the transition) to see how they operated.

Have Fun!
LinuxMint 9 - 64, Kernel 2.6.32-21-generic
Intel i7 - 930
Seattle, WA  USA

Re: X and Y Coordinated don't seem to save for desktop capture controls

markcockrell
Thanks for the reply!  I have saved layouts in the manner you suggest, and everything gets saved EXCEPT for the Desktop Capture values of the actual part of the desktop I want to capture.  The control value is saved and the desktop capture area is saved on the layout, but it's always capturing an area beginning at 0,0.  The values in the Control tab are saved, but not the values in the Format tab.

Thanks again.

Re: X and Y Coordinated don't seem to save for desktop capture controls

Patrick Balleux
I'm a bit late, but I'll check it out.

--------------------------------------
Patrick Balleux

WS4GL Project Manager

Re: X and Y Coordinated don't seem to save for desktop capture controls

Patrick Balleux
Fixed in the source code.  I was loading the x and y coordinates of the output and not the capture...

Patrick Balleux

WS4GL Project Manager

Re: X and Y Coordinated don't seem to save for desktop capture controls

markcockrell
Awsome!  Thanks for checking on it.  I'm looking forward to your next version.

Thanks,
Mark