hotkeys, plus transitions? more like tricaster?

hotkeys, plus transitions? more like tricaster?

imp999
it would be great to assign hotkeys, e.g. 1 for camera 1, 2 for camera 2, 3 for stock footage, 4 for youtube, spacebar to crossfade to a different layout...

on-the-fly creativity with video is a lot easier if you don't have to click through hierarchies menus and parameters to get the effect you want.  if the UI were easier, if it could be set up for styled transitions and overlays between 3 live cameras and stock footage by pressing the number pad and clicking descriptive buttons, then webcam studio servers would be enormously useful for all sorts of live TV broadcasting.

The only software that REALLY does this well is the tricaster software--sold on tricaster servers, which cost an arm and a leg, plus they run windows .  webcam studio has some features that rival the tricaster, and i always would prefer linux for anything mission-critical, so i want to use webcam studio whenever i can (but i'm still learning).

that might be way too ambitious for an upcoming release candidate.  But I'm really digging this software already!  Thanks!

Re: hotkeys, plus transitions? more like tricaster?

HeartlandTech
I'm considering this software as well - I've been toying with Boinx TV for the past several years - great software but requires a lot of horsepower and a Mac OSX system.  I'm wanting to get to the point of having a turn key system based on a Linux install.  This would be a great way of doing it - like the Tricaster or Boinx setups.

Re: hotkeys, plus transitions? more like tricaster?

jeicrash
open source tricaster alternative would make a lot of linux webcasters lives a lot easier. Before ws4gl came out I had to boot into windows and run linux through vnc or vmware (ewwww), being able to transition between areas with hotkeys would be great. Also eventually a midi host / input that can be trained would be nice. I have a KORG kontrol nano with sliders and knobs that I use with another program (onyx-vj) ws4gl has almost removed my need for it except the shortcut keys and midi support.

Keep up the great work Patrick

Re: hotkeys, plus transitions? more like tricaster?

Patrick Balleux
The new 0.57 Beta 4 has a better hotkey handling.  For each layout, you set a key to use in the layout properties.  Then, using ALT+KEY will activate the layout...

Patrick Balleux

WS4GL Project Manager